Wastes of cloud spend
Figure 1. Percentage of Cloud Spend Wasted
Table 1. Worldwide Public Cloud Service Revenue Forecast (Millions of U.S. Dollars)
BPaaS = business process as a service; IaaS = infrastructure as a service; PaaS = platform as a service; SaaS = software as a service
Source: Gartner (July 2020)
Challenges of reducing cloud spend waste
Figure 2. Over-provisioning leads to wasted spending,
and under-provisioning leads to performance degradation.
Why Federator.ai can help reducing cloud spend
Reducing Idle Resources
Using Most Cost-Effective Instance Types
Choosing Best Purchasing Models
Using Federator.ai for MultiCloud cost savings
Day-1 recommendation for application workload deployment
Day-2 Operation recommendation for cost savings in existing public cloud deployment
Cost breakdown for cluster namespaces and applications
- Flexera, 2020 State of the Cloud Report (launched initially by RightScale).
- The Cost of Cloud Expertise report, by John Engates, CTO, Rackspace.
- Gartner, Forecasts Worldwide Public Cloud Revenue to Grow 6.3% in 2020
- ParkMyCloud, Wasted Cloud Spend to Exceed $17.6 Billion in 2020, Fueled by Cloud Computing Growth
- Cloud cost control becoming a leading issue for businesses, by Larry Dignan, Editor in Chief of ZDNet and Editorial Director of TechRepublic.
- The cloud is on and the meter’s running — avoid the sticker shock of ‘pay as you go’, by James Beswick on A Cloud Guru.